Two Mobilize.org Democracy 2.0 Awardees have been chosen as 2011 Echoing Green Fellowship semifinalists:
- myImpact.org – A Twitter-based tool that allows volunteers to record, share and track their impact.
- Team Rubicon – An organized group of volunteers who bridge the critical time gap between large natural disasters and conventional aid response. Team Rubicon provides vanguard medical care by fielding small, self-sustaining, mobile teams of specially skilled first-responders.
- myImpact.org won its Democracy 2.0 Award during the 2009 Millennial Return on Investment (MROI) Summit in Chicago, Illinois.
- Team Rubicon won its Democracy 2.0 Award during the 2010 Beyond the Welcome Home Summit in Los Angeles, California. It received the top votes among its competitors from an audience of 100 Millennial veterans.
About the Democracy 2.0 Summits:
- The Millennial Return on Investment Democracy 2.0 Summit gathered 150 Millennials in Chicago, IL to explore the numerous financial issues facing America and the Millennial Generation’s role in addressing them. Participants also selected five projects related to improving the financial literacy and health of communities around our country to receive Democracy 2.0 Awards.
- The Beyond the Welcome Home Summit Democracy 2.0 Summit convened 100 Millennial veterans in Los Angeles, California to discuss the unique challenges and opportunities faced when returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan. Participants identified 13 topics as key issues facing their community and selected five veteran-led projects to receive Democracy 2.0 Awards.
- Is a two-year program that provides start-up capital and technical assistance to help leaders launch organizations and build capacity.
- Awards 12 – 20 fellowships from among more than 1000 applications.
- Winners of the 2011 fellowship will be announced in May 2011.
Additional media available upon request.
myImpact.org co-founder and executive director Chris Golden pitches myImpact.org at the MROI Democracy 2.0 Summit in Chicago.
mtvU featurette on the Beyond the Welcome Home Democracy 2.0 Summit featuring Team Rubicon President, Jake Wood.
Mobilize.org is an all-partisan organization that improves the way democracy works by investing in Millennial-led solutions. Through a series of national convenings, called Democracy 2.0 Summits, Millennials from around the country gather to discuss challenges facing our society and work collaboratively on solutions to address them.