Are you proactive and entrepreneurial in spirit? Do you enjoy getting down in the dirt with research to provide logistical and outreach support? Join the energetic, face-paced, collaborative Mobilize.org team as the Development + Special Projects Intern to empower and invest in Millennials to create and implement solutions to social problems. To date, Mobilize.org has invested in 62 Millennial-led projects with over $200,000. Engage the Millennial movement today!
What You Will Do:
- Be a critical player in Mobilize.org’s development team as well as help with special projects as needed
- Create research reports that are well-organized and complete on foundations and companies that are either current or prospective funding partners for Mobilize.org. These will be to used by the Executive Director or Director of Development for every meeting/ interaction with funding prospects.
- Learn Salesforce database, assisting the Director of Development updating and maintaining contacts.
- Logistical and outreach support for Mobilize.org’s Leadership Development programs and upcoming Summit including maintaining all participant, partner and competitor data, verification of data in coordination with staff and tracking evaluation results.
- Enhance participant support with development of resources, such as templates, webinars, job/internship opportunities, relevant news articles etc.
- Assist with creating data-management templates for programs and development
- Assist with grant reports and grant applications, as needed
- Plan and execute a DC fundraiser event, establish a strategic plan with creative advertising to gain new individual donors and raise money for the organization.
- Help plan and execute a Mobilize.org team community service project
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style with the ability to take initiative, recognize opportunities, develop and implement focused plans for executing on those opportunities
- Self-motivated, resourceful and detail-deadline oriented
- Proven multi-tasker that is results driven
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team play, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of Mobilize.org
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Cover Letter
3. Writing Sample
The application deadline for Summer Internships is April 30th 2012. The position will available from May through August. A $1000 stipend is available for full-time interns who work 35 hours/week over a period of 10 weeks with Mobilize.org.